Tuesday, 27 May 2014

Eating away at me.....

In this blog, I have touched on the impact of loss on parenting.

These last few months have been tough for me as Florence is learning to eat by herself.

Cue mother in a state of anxiety every meal time.
Heart racing.
Panic striken.
Reliving nightmares...

Why am I doing this to myself?

To begin with I would only feed Florence myself, food that was pureed into a pulp with absolutely no lumps. We were doing well. I started introducing lumpy food and would panic whenever she gagged, even the tiniest bit.

Finger food - oh my god. What a nightmare this is. She needs to learn, and she is absolutely an independant young lady, so she really wants to learn too.

Every single meal time I am on edge. Worrying about the worst case scenario.

At her nursery they are fully confident in her ability and she gets to explore all kinds of food.

I want to do this too.

I am trying....

We fed her the other night, she was eating some rice cakes, while I spoke to her dad. She has a really bad cough and cold at the moment as well, and I looked at her she had a massive piece of rice cake in her mouth. The next thing she starts coughing and suddenly the massive piece of rice cake has disappeared.

Inside my head:
Oh my god.... where has that gone???? She has swallowed it??! She's choking....!!!

I freak out, and start hitting her on the back.

She's fine, but my over zealous back patting has hurt her and she is crying.

She is fine.

I am an idiot.

Relief - she is fine.

What an idiot, she is crying.....

I burst into tears... why do I feel like this? I feel like this because I can't lose another one. My children mean so much to me, I love them dearly. I am also truly broken from having to bury one of them, and now my remaining children will always be watched like a hawk.

This is a shame. I don't want to suffocate their souls. I want to let them be free to grow into their own people.

I am trying so hard.... but I miss Harry so much, I don't want to miss another one........

1 comment:

  1. The replica watches industries is currently experiencing decreased for four month in a row with exports dipping down to more than 22.4 percent according to reports on Reuters, but that is another issue. Basel 2009 has recently saw the launch of many fake rolex sale from luxury brand. The Pavillion, Kuala Lumpur is a must visit for rolex replica sale especially if you are seriously looking for luxury and authentic watches or just to enjoy window shopping. It is also a destination for rolex replica sale. In this article, we will take a look at the best luxury watches for men. Often, a watch is the only piece of jewelry that a man will wear. A replica watches uk defines a man's look and tone. So which luxury watch should you buy and how can you get the best price. Let's have a look. If you are ever strolling the mall, you will always see fake rolex sale stores with beautiful watches.

    ReplyDelete